"For me, being a psychologist is
a calling. I am passionate about what I do."
- Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in Children and Adolescents
- EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy) Trained by Francine Shapiro EMDR Institute - A specialized treatment for Trauma and Phobias
- Play Therapy - enhanced by background in Theater and Drama
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and Exposure and Response Prevention for wide range of anxiety disorders
I have over 20 years of experience treating children, adolescents and families in the Bay Area. Throughout my work in hospitals, schools, and clinics, I have honed my ability to apply evidence-based treatments (CBT, DBT, ACT, EMDR, ERP) with warmth, humor and creativity. I continue to enjoy a vibrant practice at Kaiser South San Francisco Child and Adolescent Mental Health Department where I have served as a Staff Psychologist for 16 years. In addition to treating patients, my role includes clinical supervision for our psychological assistants and psychological testing supervision in our APA (American Psychological Association) Approved program for Post-Doctoral Residents. I have a wide variety of experience in group therapy, including Teen Anxiety Groups, Teen Intensive Outpatient Groups, and Exposure and Response Prevention Groups for Children. I have served as clinic liaison to our Northern California Regional committee on the application of clinical outcomes in psychotherapy.
2003-2004: Kaiser Permanente Pediatric Psychiatry Department, Oakland, California,
1998-2003: The Wright Institute, Berkeley, California
Psy.D. from APA-accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology
Dissertation title: "Finding Themselves: Identity Formation and Romantic Attachment Styles in Late Adolescence".
1994-1995: University of California, Santa Cruz, California
Post Baccalaureate Graduate Certificate in Theater Arts, Emphasis in Acting
1990-1994: University of California, Santa Cruz, California
B.A. in Psychology, Emphasis in Developmental Psychology
Graduated with Highest Honors in the Major
Memberships and Boards
- American Psychological Association
- San Mateo County Psychological Association
- Northern California Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Network (NCCBT)
- Adviser at Workshop Education, Hillsborough Campus, CA